Many developments require ecological assessment and mitigation particularly when they affect protected species, habitats or invasive species. Earth to Ocean understands the commercial pressures that many of our clients face and will develop practical solutions, often bringing benefits to the wider project whilst withstanding the difficulties presented by the planning system. Ecological protection can be vital for work winning, legal compliance, environmental protection and enhancement and corporate social responsibility.
Benefits to our clients
- Surveys provide valuable information to support planning applications. They can identify potential habitats for protected species, and any constraints that might impact on a project – all of which can help avoid costly delays later.
- Legal compliance is essential for a responsible corporate image
- Avoid costly fines and prosecutions
- Avoid environmental damage
- Long term potential to increase biodiversity for future generations
Earth to Ocean services offered
Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) incorporates a desk-top study, a Phase 1 Habitat Survey and associated report to highlight any additional specialist survey requirement
Co-ordinate specialist site surveys
Advise and co-ordinate specific requirements resulting from survey results
Detailed Site Protection Plan, covering all aspects of the environment including water, waste, ecology and land and to combine risk assessments and mitigation techniques to protect and benefit the environment
Bespoke guidance on site protection
Preparation for regulatory body inspections (i.e. the Environment Agency)
Suggestions for site enhancement to improve biodiversity